Thursday, December 29, 2011

Kitchen Adventures 16.2

As fall approaches, I tend to turn to my crock pot. I really should use it during the summer when it's so ridiculously hot and turning the oven on just sounds like a terrible idea, but that's a change for next year. I have a couple crock pot cookbooks and though there is some overlap between them all, each has its perks. 

I usually stick to the same thing from each cookbook, but this time I decided to try something different. It was pretty good, but by the third day I was tired of it. Keep that in mind when checking this one out; it might be better for a family of three or more.

This recipe came from Rival Crock-Pot 3 Books in 1 cookbook that was published in 2007. There are a couple different versions and when I checked Google Books and Amazon all the copies were pretty expensive, so if you want a copy you'll either have to pay some big bucks, check the local bookstores/estate sales/ garage sales or your library.

Campbell's Nacho Chicken and Rice Wraps

Ingredients:

2 cans Campbell's cheddar cheese soup
1 c. water
2 c. Pace chunky salsa or picante sauce
1 1/4 c. uncooked regular long-grain white rice
2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
10 flour tortillas (10 in. diameter)

Directions:

1. Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray or use a crock liner. Mix soup, water, salsa, rice and chicken in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours.
2. Spoon about 1 cup rice mixture down the center of a tortilla. Fold the ends up and roll the tortilla around the filling.

Unfortunately I do not have an image of this dish. Picture a chicken and rice burrito and you've got it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment