Thursday, December 29, 2011

Kitchen Adventures 15.1

Every month I look forward to finding my Every Day with Rachael Ray in my mailbox. Not only do I get great recipes from the magazine and find neat home and gift ideas, but sometimes the advertisements provide useful recipes as well. Occasionally these are all I cut out of the magazines! Mostly they show how to use a company's products to make a lovely dish, but you can of course use whatever brand you want. It's not like the company is going to track you down or anything. :)

I made this casserole in the heat of August. Why, I'm not quite sure, since it was still ridiculously hot outside. I guess I just wanted something easy to make and this seemed to fit. Of course, I hadn't read the recipe very closely because it of course took longer than I thought it would, but it still turned out ok. Just keep that in mind--you've got to precook your pasta and chicken before putting it all together, so build that time in to your prep time.

This recipe is from a Campbell's soup advertisement.

Hearty Chicken & Noodle Casserole

Ingredients:

1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 c. milk
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
1 c. frozen mixed vegetables
2 c. cubed cooked chicken
2 c. medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
1/2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions::

1. Stir soup, milk, black pepper, Parmesan cheese, vegetables, chicken and noodles in a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
2. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until hot, then stir.
3. Top with the Cheddar cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment