Saturday, July 31, 2010

Kitchen Adventures 2.7

Many of us have weekly activities we look forward to when a new week begins. I am fortunate to have several different sets of friends, who are most definitely different from each other. I love my girls night friends who meet at O'Connell's every week and play bingo and drink $2 Boulevards. There are girls I can tell about random things going on in my life or things I hear about on the news and whatnot. And with the inclusion of the boys at girls night (contradictory, I know, but it works) we always have rousing conversation going on somewhere at the table.
Another group I always look forward to seeing is my small group from church. We started meeting two years ago and through there are only three of the originals left, we have an awesome group that not only meets to discuss the Word and our study, but also to share in our lives socially. Usually, at least lately, the boys have outnumbered the girls, but last week was an exception. With no boys in attendance, we had a girls night. Of course we discussed out study, Lead Like Jesus (which I highly recommend), but we were also able to share about life situations that I'm pretty sure we would not have discussed had the boys been there. It was nice to just have that girl time studying together and also just fellowhihpping.
Unfortunately for the boys, they missed out on delicious snack. Of course, I am biased since I made it. :) But I must say, it is delicious! I'm still eating the fruits of my labor for breakfast and thoroughly enjoying it!
Since I had extra zucchini lying around from the farmer's market I trolled the Internet looking for some kind of zucchini dessert recipe. I already made chocolate zucchini cake and have made zucchini bread before, so I wanted to try something different. After doing a little searching, I came across this excellent recipe from cooks.com. It's a little different, but delicious! I highly recommend it!

Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread

Ingredients:
2 c. grated zucchini
4 c. flour
1/2 c. cocoa
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/2 c. oil
3 eggs
1 1/2 c. milk
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 2 loaf pans. Grate zucchini
In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda and powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
In another bowl, combine zucchini, oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla.
Stir zucchini mixture into the flour mixture, just until blended. Mix in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pans.
Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
Cool on rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely.

Here are some pics of the finished product.



No comments:

Post a Comment