Saturday, July 31, 2010

Kitchen Adventures 2.3

Life has been quite busy recently! And, quite frankly, I didn't feel the urge to update, even though I have made quite a few things recently. After a relaxing trip to Table Rock Lake in Missouri with my family, it was back to the real world. The real world held a lot more responsibilities, though, as I picked up more duties at work in preparation for advancing to a new position. As of tomorrow, I will be the acting librarian at the Western History Collections, a special collection in the OU library system. It will be exactly one year after I started working there as staff assistant, and quite honestly I never thought I would get this opportunity. But, I'm taking it, and I'm excited! The new responsibilities are draining, though, so that has taken the blogging desire right out of me. And with a busy last weekend, there was just no time to post.
Fortunately, that has changed! The busyness of the last week has invigorated me to share, and I have much to share! I'll start with the oldest recipe and work my way up, and eventually they'll all get up here. :)
The first recipe is one I took with me to the lake. I got it from my friend Megan Barbeau and it's a good standby for using old bananas, which I had. They are always delicious, with or without frosting.

Banana Cupcakes

Ingredients:
1 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 beaten egg
1 c. mashed bananas
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt

Directions:
Stir the wet ingredients together until combined. Stir together the dry ingredients, then add to the first mixture and beat well. Fill greased cupcake tins 2/3 full with batter. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Frost with powdered sugar icing and top with chopped nuts, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment