Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Kitchen Adventures 2.2

After getting home from a relaxing weekend at home (I know, too many homes!) I needed to make myself a little dinner for the week. I was not feeling up to cooking Monday when I got back since I had been sick for some odd reason earlier in the day. Once Tuesday night rolled around, though, I was ready to make up something delicious. I turned to another church cookbook, this time the "Favorite Recipes from Wheat State Manor Cookbook" put together by the churches that sponsor Wheat State back home. This recipe was actually a contribution by my mom. I don't actually make a lot of things my mom makes, and when I do they never quite taste the same. This one is pretty close, though. As I ate it, it brought back taste memories from the past. It's easy and delicious, the perfect combination! I paired it with some rolls and salad to balance it out.

Parmesan Pork Loin

Ingredients:
1 c. seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Pork loin, 1 inch thick slices
Olive oil
Margarine, squeeze bottle

Directions:
Combine bread crumbs, cheese, and seasonings in a bowl. Pour olive oil in a plate or bowl to use for dipping. Dip each slice of pork loin into olive oil followed by seasoned crumb mixture. Place on foil-lined baking sheet that has been lightly coated with cooking spray. Drizzle margarine on each slice of pork. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.

*Note: I did not drizzle with margarine but instead just shook a few drops of olive oil on each slice. And the foil-lined plan is a great idea, it makes clean-up and removal of the pork slices so much easier.

Here is a picture of the finished product:

No comments:

Post a Comment