Sunday, March 20, 2011

Kitchen Adventures 10.1

Wait, there's only a two week gap between postings?? Something must be wrong! :) Actually, I just finally have a bit of down time and so I'm catching up on my recipe posting. These last few weeks have been busy with work, social activities, family visits, and life in general. Last week was spring break at OU, but I had to work all week except Friday, so I didn't really get a break. However, I'm taking the next few days off and enjoying time with my sister and brother-in-law while they enjoy THEIR spring break! I love having accrued vacation time. :)

Anyway, back to the recipes. The first one I'm sharing is from the lovely blue binder I received from my aunt a few years ago. I first made this recipe last year and really enjoyed it. My boyfriend at the time had the bright idea that you could really substitute other ingredients for the filling instead of sausage since I know not everyone likes sausage. I believe we made a batch with chicken and mushrooms which was also delicious. That is the beauty of recipes like this--you can tailor them to fit your tastes!

Bubble Pizza

Ingredients:

2 tubes (10 count) biscuits
1 T. oregano
2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 small can tomato sauce
1 lb. ground sausage (substitute whatever filling you want)

Directions:

Brown sausage. Cut biscuits into quarters, then mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Place ingredients into casserole dish, probably a 7"x11" dish. Bake according to biscuit cooking directions. Note: you may have to bake it a little longer than it says, just check it until it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment