Saturday, May 19, 2012

Kitchen Adventures 20.2

During the winter months, I try to use my slow cooker on a fairly regular basis. I guess I should really use it more during the summer to cut down on heating from the oven; I'll have to try that this summer! I am fortunate to have a great slow cooker and many cookbooks to choose from when trying to decide what to make each week.  It's always interesting to find a recipe that would not normally be made in a slow cooker and try it this way. That's what this recipe is all about.

Chicken and dumplings just sounds like something a grandmother would make, right? The name alone conjures up images of home cooking and love in every bite. Well, I don't know that these had love in every bite, but it was interesting to make this in a slow cooker! I was wary to try it since my boyfriend had already vetoed dumplings (texture thing) but I tried it anyway. He said it was ok, which to me meant it was a success.

This recipe came from 3 Books in 1 Rival Crock-Pot, specifically the Winning Slow Cooker Recipes section.

Like Grandma's Chicken 'N Dumplings

Ingredients:

2 c. cooked chicken
1 10.75-oz. can cream of mushroom soup
1 10.75 oz. can cream of chicken soup
2 soup cans water
4 tsp. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (8 count)

Directions:

Combine all ingredients except biscuits in slow cooker. Cut biscuits into quarters and gently stir into mixture. Cover and cook on low 4 to 6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment