Monday, April 25, 2011

Kitchen Adventures 10.7

There is an abundance of recipes available for coating pork chops or chicken or fish with some type of bread crumb mixture or another and then baking said meat. I've used many of these recipes, and they always turn out good. I have not found many that use nuts for coating, though. I am a nut lover, and I'm particularly fond of pistachios. I even got a huge bag of them for Christmas from my parents, and I was very excited about this! When I saw a recipe using pistachios as a coating for pork chops, I had to try it.

I have made this recipe before, and both times it has turned out well. One piece of adv ice: line your baking sheet with foil. This will make your clean-up go so much quicker, because these suckers tend to stick to the pan. It's totally worth it, though!

This recipe is from Every Day with Rachael Ray.

Pistachio-Crusted Pork Chops

Ingredients:

1/2 c. shelled pistachios
1 clove garlic
1 tsp. grated lemon peel
Salt
1/4 c. breadcrumbs
Four 1-inch thick pork chops
1 large egg, beaten
1/4 c. olive oil, plus more for drizzling

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Using a food processor (I used a blender), grind up the pistachios, garlic, lemon peel, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Transfer this mixture to a shallow bowl and toss with the breadcrumbs.
2. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Dip each chop into the egg and then into the breadcrumb mixture. Transfer them to a foil-lined baking sheet.
3. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chops and cook until golden, about 2 minutes on each side. Place the chops back on the baking sheet when done and drizzle with olive oil. Bake about 20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment