Saturday, April 9, 2011

Kitchen Adventures 10.4

I am always on the lookout for quick and easy dinner recipes. I'm not much of a cook--I much prefer baking- and most of my dinner recipes usually involve the oven. Typically, this means dinner takes a little longer. To compensate for a longer cooking (and waiting) time, I try to find things that do not take long to prepare. This recipe definitely falls into that category.

I have made several variations of this recipe, and I am sure there are many more to be made. I used this one since it had been on my list for awhile and I had cornflakes on hand. It proved to be quite yummy and very simple.

This recipe came for Every Day with Rachael Ray.

Crunchy Parmesan Chicken

Ingredients:

1 c. cornflakes, lightly crushed
3/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
3 large eggs, beaten
Four 6 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
5 T extra-virgin olive oil
1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflake, cheese, and 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper. Place the beaten eggs in another shallow bowl. Coat each chicken breast with the cornflake mixture, dip in the eggs, then back in the cornflake mixture and place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
2. Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, turning once, about 2 minutes per side. Place on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake the chicken until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Note: if some chicken breasts are larger than others they may need to bake longer. Serve with lemon wedges if desired.

The pictures did not turn out too well, but they give you an idea. These were some of the juiciest chicken breasts I have ever had. It made me think I had cooked them wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment