Monday, October 25, 2010

Kitchen Adventures 5.2

October has been quite the crazy busy month. The best way I realize this is when I come to post and realize I only posted once so far this month. It's usually a busy month anyway, but with a wedding to prepare for things just got even crazier. We had a bachelorette party two weeks before the wedding, the next weekend was a fun home football game at OU, and then it was wedding time! I've had a great time hanging out with family and friends this month, and I realize just how fortunate I am to have the people I do in my life.

Amidst the craziness, I still had to eat. Last week I decided to try a family recipe that was in the Triple T cookbook. I probably won't post a recipe again this month as I brought home a whole pan of cheese tortellini from the wedding. :) But I'll share this recipe from last week, especially since it's such an easy one.

Family recipes are always the best, or at least I think so. This is one from my great-grandpa. I don't remember Mom making it much, but when we had Karen's family shower this was the recipe that almost all the Slaters thought about giving her. It's a great homestyle meal that will satisfy any craving for a good homecooked meal.

Grandpa's Meatloaf

Ingredients:
1.5 lbs. hamburger
1 pkg. onion soup mix
1/2 c. water
2 c. bread crumbs
1/4 c. ketchup
1 egg

Directions: Mix all ingredients together. Place in 7"x11" baking dish and mold into loaf. Bake for about one hour at 350 degrees.

How's that for an easy one? And it is quite possibly the best meatloaf I have ever had.

Here are a few pictures, and remember, meatloaf may not look good, but it is delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment