Saturday, October 2, 2010

Kitchen Adventures 5.1

I have been trying to mix up my recipe usage recently, not repeating recipes very frequently. However, due to time constraints and available ingredients, I had to duplicate. Luckily, I was cooking for different events, which made it a little better.

A couple weeks ago I wanted something quick and easy for dinner. I found a good recipe in one of my Rachael Ray magazines and decided to try it out. Then this weekend I needed to make an appetizer for about 5 or 6 people, and I was low on ingredients. Fortunately, I still had all the ingredients to make this, and it works well as an appetizer as well. We needed good food for our OU/Texas watch party, after all. Gotta say, BOOMER SOONER!!:)

With this recipe, I ended up having to alter it slightly as I thought I had a key ingredient when I actually didn't. It still worked out, though, so I'm sure making it with the right ingredients would be delicious as well.

Cajun Chicken Fingers

Ingredients:
1 c. cornmeal (I used bread crumbs)
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. dried oregano
Salt and pepper
2 large eggs
1 lb. chicken tenders
6 T. vegetable oil (omit this if you go the baking route as I did)

Directions:
1. In a shallow bowl, combine the cornmeal, chili powder, oregano, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat the eggs. Working with one at a time, coat the chicken tenders with the cornmeal mixture, dip into the egg, then coat again with the cornmeal. Transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet.
2. In a large skillet, heat 1/4 c. oil over medium heat. Add half of the chicken and cook, turning over, until golden, about 5 or 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining oil and chicken tenders.
*If you choose to bake rather than fry, place the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet and pop in a 450 degree oven for about 12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment