Saturday, August 28, 2010

Kitchen Adventures 3.4

Every baker and cook has off days. Well, Tuesday was mine. After working 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday to cover a shift, I was looking forward to making dinner Tuesday. I got home from Tone It Up, showered, and was ready to roll. However, if was just not my night. The cooking process was not the problem, but more along the ingredient amounts. I used too much onion and not enough blueberries. I also had more pork than I needed, but that's just what I got on sale. It's edible at least, but not the best I've ever made. I'll have to give it a try again sometime to see if I can remedy the mistakes.

Pan Fried Pork with Blueberries

Ingredients:
2 lbs. boneless pork loin, cut crosswise into eighths
Salt and pepper
1/4 c. flour
2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped (make sure it's small and not medium)
1 1/4 c. chicken broth
1 c. blueberries
2 T. butter

Directions:
1. In a medium bowl, season the pork with salt and pepper. Add the flour and toss to coat. In a large skillet, heat the evoo over medium heat. Shaking off any excess flour, add the pork to the skillet and cook, turning once, until browned, about 5 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
2. Add the onion to the skillet and cook, stirring, over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the chicken broth and blueberries; bring to a boil and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Stir in the butter and season with salt and pepper. Turn off the heat and return the pork and any juices to the skillet. Divide the pork among 4 plates and spoon the sauce on top.

Here are a few pics:



No comments:

Post a Comment