Thursday, August 19, 2010

Kitchen Adventures 3.2

It seems I don't get to go home very often, but when I start going it seems like I do several weeks in a row. This was the case recently, though I went to different "homes" each time. This past weekend I made the trek up to Kansas City with my friend Shaye for our friend Stephanie's wedding. On the way, we stopped and saw my Aunt Lori at the travel center, which was a nice break from the road, and it was great to see her. Then we continued up to my cousins Rob and Eileen's house in Overland Park. I don't get to see them often, but their house is always open to me whenever I make my way up to KC, which is wonderful. It also gives me a little time to chat with them since I don't see them often.
Our fun activities included the rehearsal dinner and bowling Friday night, visiting the Nelson-Atkins art museum and seeing our friend Andy Dale before the wedding, and of course the wedding and the reception. I am so happy for my friends! I can honestly say I have rarely seen two people more perfect for each other than Stephanie and Brian. Best of luck you guys!
To top off the lovely trip, we stopped in El Dorado on the way home, hoping to see my grandparents and some friends. However, we got there too early to see Nana and Pop, so after leaving Pop's birthday picture at their house we headed over to Spangle's and met Tom and Cory for lunch. I had not seen Tom since Christmas and had not seen Cory since his accident a couple weeks ago, so it was great catching up with them. Here are some pics from the trip.


Famous shuttlecock at Nelson-Atkins


Saying the vows


First dance. Good job Brian!


Me and Shaye after the reception


Cory, Tom, and I catching up at Spangle's

When we got home, I did not have time to go to the store until Monday, when Shaye and I stopped after stamp club. Fortunately, I had most everything I needed already to make my dinner for the week. I always enjoy trying recipes that friends and family love. What better judge can there be than someone you trust? I got this one from Marcus back when we dated. It's pretty easy and very delicious, which of course is my favorite combination! :)

Poppyseed chicken

Ingredients:
2 c. diced cooked chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3/4 stick butter, melted
1 c. sour cream
1 tube Ritz crackers
2 tbsp. poppyseds

Directions:
Mix diced chicken with undiluted soups. Add sour cream and salt and pepper to taste. Roll crackers with rolling pin in plastic bag until finely crushed. Add poppyseed to melted butter, then add crackers to butter mixture. Put chicken and soup mixture in buttered casserole dish and top with cracker/butter mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment