Saturday, June 12, 2010

Life as I Know It

Apparently me and blogging are not meant to be a regular event! Lots has happened in the last three months, but here are some highlights.

The highlight for March was going home at the end of spring break to go wedding dress shopping with Karen. It was a highly successful experience, since she found her dress! It's gorgeous and she will look lovely. I also got to meet up with my old friend and college roomie Jenny, which was wonderful since we had not gotten together for a couple years. The nasty weather that weekend was followed by lovely weather, so I went motorcycle riding with the boys, which was lots of fun. Gotta fill that need for speed!

April brought about the beginning of spring. It comes much sooner down in Norman than it does at home. Flowers bloom sooner, temperatures start climbing earlier, and allergies kick in early. :) But I love spring,so it's all good. I took on a little more responsibility at church by helping more with children's church planning, which has been a great blessing. Lots of social activities to keep me busy too, of course. Baseball began, so of course we had to take in a game. Here are a few pics from the outing.




Shaye and I


Shaye and Kate

Girls night and small group also kept going. We had some fun social outings together, celebrated birthdays and other fun times, and in general enjoyed each other's company.

May lived up to its reputation of stormy weather. Norman was threatened by tornadoes twice and actually got hit on the east side with the first one. There were also some crazy hail storms, but luckily those stayed north of Norman. Our friends that were deployed made it back, so small group has been wonderful with them back. We started a new Bible study called Lead Like Jesus which has been really good so far.

We also had lots of changes happen in May. Kate moved to Colorado at the end of the month to work on a dude ranch for the summer. Here are the cupcakes I made for her going away party, which was loads of fun.



I also moved since I needed a smaller place. Mom, Dad, and Karen came down at the end of the month to get me moved from the old place to the new one. It was a pretty good move, and it was great seeing the family for a bit. We even got to explore Norman a bit by eating at Hideaway Pizza and The Diner, two must-eats in Norman. I must say, living close to Campus Corner and work is definitely going to have its benefits!

So lots has happened, and lots of changes have occurred. But through it all, I still have my family and friends. I have applied for several jobs at different places, and though a part of me would like to be away at times, I keep hearing "Stay" whenever I pray about what to do. So, I guess I'll stay and see what God has in store for me here. :)

Here are pics from the latest baseball outing. Friday night fireworks-lots of fun!




Me, Shaye, and Marcus


Shaye and I

No comments:

Post a Comment