Saturday, June 19, 2010

Kitchen Adventures 1.3

Yesterday involved a couple baking projects with a girls' night thrown in the mix. As soon as I got home from work, I whipped up some chocolate chip cookie bars after catching up with my cousin for a bit. These will be for VBS snacks next week. I had to bake them and stick them in the freezer because I won't be home long enough next week to get them made! This recipe came from the good ol' Triple T Youth Group cookbook.


Chocolate Chip Bars

ingredients:
2 Eggs
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)
1 c. chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Beat the first four ingredients until creamy. Sift the dry ingredients together and add to the sugar mixture. Stip in the nuts and chocolate chips, then pour into a 9x13 pan. Bake for 25 minutes.

Here's a picture:

While those were baking, I made the Gingersnap cookie dough. We are having a going-away party for our good friend, Andy Dale, next Monday since he is moving back to KC. We are really going to miss him and his awesome jokes, plus just having him here. I decided these would be something quick and easy to take. These cookies work best rolled, but I had to refrigerate the dough to get it firm enough. While it was in the fridge, I went out to dinner and did some shopping with my good friend and old roomie, Claire. We both needed some girl time, so nothing's better than food and shopping!

This is a recipe I contributed for our Carl Albert Center holiday cookie exchange cookbook a couple years ago.

Gingersnaps

Ingredients:
3/4 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. molasses
1 egg
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. cloves

Directions:
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add molasses and egg and beat well. Mix dry ingredients and stir in. Roll in small balls and dip tops in sugar. Bake 0-12 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven, let stand a minutes, then cool on racks.

Here's a picture of some of them:

No comments:

Post a Comment