Thursday, January 20, 2011

Kitchen Adventures 8.1

Here's to the first post of 2011! It's belated, I know. I seem to be doing lots of things belatedly thus far this year. Hopefully that will soon change! It's not that I haven't had time--three working days off in the past two weeks is really no excuse--but other more pressing issues always seem to arise to fill the days. And it's not even shopping (though a new pair of shoes would be nice, and maybe some jeans...). But I digress.

The first recipe contribution of the year comes from my trusted Triple T youth group cookbook, Homemade with Love. This recipe is one I have used for several years now, and every time I think about adding in spices and never do. So, if you make this, add in some different spices and let me know how it goes! This recipe was contributed by a family friend, and it was one of her family recipes. I hope you enjoy it!

Sunday Chicken Casserole

Ingredients:

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1/4 lb. melted butter (1 stick)
1 1/2 c. minute rice
1/2 c. milk
6 chicken breasts
paprika
salt and pepper

Directions:

Mix together the soups, butter, milk and rice in a fairly large bowl. Pour this mixture into a greased 9"x13" baking pan. Place the chicken on top and season with paprika, salt and pepper. Be generous with the salt and pepper; I never seem to use enough. Bake covered with foil for 1 hour at 325 degrees, then remove the foil and continue baking for another 20 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment