Friday, September 17, 2010

Kitchen Adventures 4.1

We all have those delicious standby recipes that we can go to in a pinch for something bound to be a crowd-pleaser. One of my favorite recipes is something I first tried three years ago after a friend made it for dinner. It has also made me look at almost every recipe on food packaging, because sometimes those are some of the best ones.
I knew with my roommate from my first two years at Pitt coming to visit I would need something that would feed more than me but would not take very long to make. I turned to this enchilada recipe for something fairly quick, very easy, and absolutely delicious. We mixed things up a little bit by using whole wheat tortillas rather than regular flour tortillas, and surprisingly they were very good! The whole wheat gave them a little sweeter taste, which you don't normally expect with enchiladas, but I'd make them that way again in a heartbeat. As a caveat, I never remember the recipe, I always just look at the enchilada sauce can, so this is going off my memory. :)

Beef Enchiladas

Ingredients:
1 lbs. ground beef
1 can red enchilada sauce
1 bag shredded cheese
1-2 packages 8" tortillas

Directions:
Brown the ground beef and drain. Add 1/2 c. of enchilada sauce to the beef in the skillet along with 1/4 c. of cheese. Stir to combine. Grease 9x13 pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fill tortillas with enchilada mix. Place rolled tortillas in casserole dish, then pour remaining sauce over enchiladas and finish by sprinkling rest of cheese over enchiladas. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Here is a picture of the final product.



As a bonus, here are some pics from Steph's visit.

Zoo adventures, including being on lockdown while zookeepers try to find an escaped chimp











OKC Bombing Memorial









And of course a couple baseball games at the Bricktown ballpark.





No comments:

Post a Comment