Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Kitchen Adventures 8.4

Sometimes I end up making things for my main dish that other people, especially people with families, might make as a side dish. Since I don't have anyone else to please with my cooking, though, I can do whatever I want. :) This next recipe is one of those dishes.

I feel like this one could be a side, or a main dish, depending on the person and the menu. It is very simple and fairly quick to make, so if you're in a pinch for something fast for dinner it is a good one to try.

This recipe came from the binder that my aunt put together for the women of our family several years ago. I have gotten some great recipes form this binder, as have other members of my family. Family recipes are the best I always say! This is also a recipe I would classify a semi-homemade. Sandra Lee would approve I think. :)

Italian-Style Mac and Cheese

Ingredients:

1 pkg. (7.5 oz.) mac & cheese
1 c. Italian-style bread crumbs
2 T. butter

Directions:

Make mac & cheese according to box directions. Transfer to 7"x11" baking dish. Melt butter in microwave safe bowl, then add the bread crumbs and toss to combine. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top of mac &cheese. Just put enough on top to coat; you do not need to use them all if you have extra. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.

Like I say, quick and easy. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment